The 8th Annual SEGSO Chicago Professional Weekend will be held Friday, September 20 – Saturday, September 21, 2019. This two-day tour will present the city from a structural engineering perspective, giving students an introduction to the local professional culture as well as the unique historic architecture and skyscrapers which comprise Chicago’s world-renowned skyline.
Friday, September 20:
- Practitioner panel discussion session at Illini Center Chicago
- Networking lunch with practitioners from noteworthy Chicago engineering firms
- Walking tour of the Chicago Loop and office visits at participating firms.
- Cocktail hour and dinner at Haymarket Pub and Brewery with recent graduates/young professionals. Professionals looking to join please send us an email to email@example.com.
Saturday, September 21:
- Wendella Architectural Boat tour
- Free time in Downtown Chicago
Cost & Registration
A participation fee of $50 will cover charter bus transportation from Urbana to Chicago and back, Friday catered lunch and banquet dinner, one night stay at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza in Downtown Chicago, and architectural boat tour—not to mention the opportunity for invaluable networking experience with major Chicago structural engineering/architectural firms!
Preparing for the trip
Here are some items which may be of interest to you as you prepare for the trip on Friday! Please review them before we depart.
Please print, sign, and bring with you on the bus: